Sometimes writing with a deadline hovering over your head can be a harrowing experience for any writer. As a writer, for me it means total dedication – forsaking everything while I feverishly work to get an article handed in on time. I suppose deadlines are important, as they give you a bit of a challenge. With a specific time set for you, you know there’s little time for anything else, no wasting time. Writing requires dedication I know all about those panicky moments when I can see that I’m not going to make the deadline.
Yes, we all have those emergencies that crop up and infringe on the time we’ve set aside to reach a deadline. For me a writer’s life is therefore all about time management so that you don’t have to ask for an extension of time to meet the deadline. If you’ve got a writing task that has to be completed in a day or too, start on it immediately – after all your goal, like mine, will be to build up a successful reputation as a writer who can be relied upon to deliver. You want to be known as someone who is not likely to let their clients down. Whether a freelancer or full-time writer, be organised and keep your clients updated on your progress. Yes, deadlines may get you stressed and panicky sometimes, but that’s what keeps you on your toes in the first place.
In spite of computers and internet taking over we still love words. Don’t we?Content writing for a website is quite challenging. While launching a website, content is what matters. The HTML and technical stuff matter for the design. But there is no substitute for words. Even a good professional writer falters while writing content which appears on a website.
Write what is required by people (Marketers and Customers) – Writing what is required is the most important part of the question – how to write website content.
- Get hold of topic -Before writing anything, get a hold of the topic. The topic should be relevant and engaging. Just think what you would be searching about the topic. This will help to get a fair idea about the content.
- Use Analytic Tool – Use Google analytics to get the right keywords to be used. Analytics helps to know what the online population is searching.
- Keyword density – Keeping in mind the keywords density will help develop content that people are searching for. The content which is thus made will help the website to gain popularity. This will help the company to increase profits in their area.Make a Plan before starting – Having the whole lot of topics can be quite overwhelming. A bit of planning helps to overcome the anxiety.
- Break into small parts – First step is to break down the whole project into small parts. A website will consist of many pages and each page has to be dealt in a different manner. “Home” page is different from “Contact Us” page.
- Focus on the main Idea – While developing content focus should be on the idea which is central to the creation of the website. The main idea is to be broken down into sub ideas. Each paragraph should have creativity, inviting the visitors.
- Placement of pages – The concluding part is to decide which content goes where. Organizing the content in an engrossing way will help the site become easy to navigate.