Writing is fun but it is not easy. Everyone cannot become a writer. It is a skill that develops over a number of years. It can also be a hidden talent which might be discovered much later in life. But there are certain essentials which are present in a writer. They are:
- Avid Reader – A writer will invariably be a voracious reader. By reading he/she will get the imagination engine kick-started. Reading also helps to add new words which will make the writer a better one. Reading is the first step you will take toward writing and is an essential part of a writer’s life.
- Creativity – A writer should be creative. Without this essential you will never write articles that can instill reading habits in non-readers. Creativity will help the writer to make a simple story interesting. It is essential for telling a story and that is what basically a writer does.
- Networking – Yes networking helps the writer to know what the readers are looking for. In today’s’ era of social media it has become easier to network. Just create a blog and popularize it. It helps to know who the audience are.
- Write regularly – This is very important. Writing regularly with a routine helps to improve and hone your skills of writing. As a writer I have realized that I have been improving with every written piece of text. So, write on and be better.
- Create a flow – While writing always have an eye on the next line. The writing should be like a flowing river, without bumps. As writing increases flow comes easily.